STUNNING PROPERTY ON SOUTH SIDE OF MIDA CREEK FOR SALE
Set in over one acre on the South side of Mida Creek, this prime property is currently being run as Backpacker accommodation with a recently renovated variety of rooms, salt-water swimming pool, romantic tree house, a beach bar and Cafe. The property is accessed from the main Mombasa/Malindi road, approximately 10 minutes away on the South Side of Mida but can be accessed by boat at Captain Andy's in Watamu in about 5 minutes. The property sale includes it's boat and raft which enjoy ideal mooring protected from the elements.
A rustic retreat, with spectacular views, the property has a lovely kitchen, bar and dining area set in the open air covered under a traditional cooling 'makuti' roof. There are tables and chairs to seat 18 buests and bar seats for six. The lounge area includes couches and hammocks with ample extra space for a snooker or pool table.
The Coco & Makuti Rooms are essential 2 private 4 bed dorms with ensuite shower rooms and hand bidets, although they are often let as double ensuite bathrooms. The Beach Banda is a much loved 8 bed dorm with an ensuite bathroom (3 showers, 4 basins, 2 toilets with hand bidets). Palm Deck is a spacious upstairs double bedroom with ensuite double rain shower with sweeping views out over the creek and across the bay. The Bougainvillia and Frangipani Suites are expansive double bedrooms with ensuite shower rooms and dressing rooms.
The property includes;
- Guest Loos - 2 'His and Hers' outside shower rooms
- Salt-water swimming pool, arched fly-over, pump house & store room.
- Tree-house look-out with sea view.
- Expansive Scullery and Laundry
- Large Workshop under makuti roof
- Gated garden equipment alcove (wheelbarrows, spaces, hosepipes etc.)
- Reception / shop area
- Guest Loo (full shower room)
- 5 spacious double ensuite bedrooms, two with double rain showers & 2 with dressing rooms
- 2 spacious double ensuite bedrooms, one with double rain shower & both with dressing rooms
- 2nd Kitchen and pantry
- Workshop: 2 generators, vice, clamp etc.
- 1 x 19ft Yamaha glass fibre leisure boat with canopy, swimming ladder, 6 life jackets, anchor etc. and 15hp Yamaha outboard engine & fuel tanks.
The property is on mains water and electricity and in addition there are 3 underground water tanks, one storage tank of 25,000 litres and two rainwater catchment tanks of 1,000 and 500 litres. There are 2 x 1,000 litre tanks above the banda with pressure pump and 2 x 1,000 litres in the main building as well as a Sea water well used to top up the swimming pool. It is fenced and gated with new steel gate with pedestrian door.
For sale fully furnished (except a few personal items) going concern
£475,000 (Pounds Sterling)
For further details or to arrange a viewing